Physical education must be an integral part of educational system. It is a well known fact that a sound mind resides in a sound body. One of the missions of the institution is to make efforts to maintain anddevelop physical and mental health of students. These are basic to general well being as well as success in life. Devchand College endeavours to achieve the same through Yoga, physical training and sports.
The primary mission is to promote physical and mental well being of students for their all round development.
The college playground is spread over 41.192 square meters. Adequate infrastructure facilities for various indoor and outdoor sports are available.
Multi-purpose gymnasium-Three units with 24 stations
Well Equipped Weightlifting Hall- Power lifting, weight lifting, best physique
|Sr. No.||Indoor Sports Facilities||Outdoor Sports Facilities|
|7||Power Lifting||Athletics – 400 meter track with 06 lanes|
- Body Mass Index Testing
- Waist Hip Ration
- Endurance Testing
- Flexibility Testing
- Weight Training Programme
- Plyometric Training Programme
Infrastructure for Yoga
Yoga Training & related activities are organized regularly in Gymkhana Hall & Open-Air-Theatre.
Computers with internet facility
- University course in Yoga and Physical Management Skills (Non-credit) for UG Part I
- Compulsory physical education (UG Part I) examination for 10 marks
- Zonal & Inter-zonal tournaments/competitions
- Kreeda Mahotsav for all students
- Training camps for various sports
- Annual Prize Distribution ceremony
- Day celebrations
- Delegate sports persons for off campus sports competitions
- Consultancy services about careers in sports, diet and nutrition
- Activities under MoUs
- Expert lectures on physical fitness/diet and nutrition, etc.
- Seminars on related topics
Sports Promotion Activities
- Financial aid to poor and meritorious sports persons
- Concession in hostel fees
- Sports kits and TA/DA for off campus competitions
- Financial support from Alumni and Parents’ Association
Gymkhana staff looks after the maintenance of facilities and materials.
Gymkhana is available to students from 7.30 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. for training and practice of various sports. Sports clubs of Maharashtra and Karnataka occasionally use the facilities. Some of the gymkhana facilities are rented to various training academies on nominal fees or maintenance work in return. The multi-purpose gym is rented to outsiders on Rs. 200/- per month. For sports persons, it is free.
|Sr.No.||Name of player||Achievement||Venue|| Game
|1.||Omkar Shekhar Otari||Bronze Medal at Commonwealth Games, 2014||Glasgow,2014||Weightlifting|
|2.||Ganesh Chandrkant Mali||Bronze Medal at Commonwealth Games, 2014||Glasgow,2014||Weightlifting|
|3||Amit Udaysinh Nimbalkar||Gold Medal in World Powerlifting Championship,2014||Las Vegas (USA)
|4.||Shraddha Narayan Powar||Bronze Medal at All India Inter University Tournament, 2017||20 to 23 Dec 2017
Chandigarh University, Mohali
|5.||Nandini Bajirao Salokhe||Gold Medal in senior National Wrestling Championship at Agra||Agra 2020||Wrestling
|Participated in World Ranking Series Wrestling Tournament at Rome||Rome (Italy)
|6.||Swati Sanjay Shinde||Silver Medal in Senior National Wrestling Championship at Gonda||Nandininagar,Gonda
11 to 13 Nov 2021
|Participated in World Ranking Wrestling Competition at Bulgaria||Bulgaria
17 to 20 Feb 2022
|Selected in Indian Team for Commonwealth Championship at South Africa||South Africa
Director of Physical education – Shri R. G.Chavan (SET pass)
Gymkhana Clerk – Smt. Suvarna Patil
Attendants:- – Shri S.M.Wagale, Shri V.V.Sonar